Last Updated 06/18/2021
Welcome to DefyTheGrid.com! By using this website, you agree to the following conditions.
By using this website, you are communicating with us electronically and consent to receive communications from us electronically. You agree that all electronic communications including notices, disclosures, cancellation and market loss related policies that we provide to you electronically shall satisfy and legal requirements that such communications be in writing.
All content presented on DefyTheGrid.com including graphics, logos, images, audio clips, and slogans are the exclusive property of DefyTheGrid or its affiliates and protected by international copyright laws.
It is your responsibility to maintain the confidentiality of your account including username, password, and for restricting access to any computer you use to access your account or complete a transaction. By using our site, you agree to accept full responsibility for any activity which occurs on your account.
User Reviews/Generated Content
User reviews are the opinion of others and are not the opinion of DefyTheGrid. DefyTheGrid accepts no responsibility for the opinions of other users. Furthermore, User Generated Content may be published, used in adverts, shared or hosted on third party websites associated with DefyTheGrid. Reviews can also be visible in public areas at DefyTheGrid.com to all visitors. You knowingly acknowledge DefyTheGrid does not guarantee confidentiality with respect to any User Generated Content submitted through DefyTheGrid.com or affiliated third parties that DefyTheGrid.com may use to collect said User Generated Content.
- Any dispute or claim in any way to your use of DefyTheGrid.com or to any products you purchase from DefyTheGrid.com will be resolved by binding arbitration, rather than court, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claim would qualify. You agree that the Federal Arbitration Act and the laws of the state of Michigan, without regard to principles of conflict of laws will govern these terms and conditions.
Terms of Purchase
- DefyTheGrid’s price quotes include any applicable taxes. The customer is solely responsible for any applicable taxes or duties that may be applicable to a transaction with DefyTheGrid.
- Due to continually changing market prices for precious metals, the offers made by DefyTheGrid are only valid for a five minute duration. A spot price calculation is determined by DefyTheGrid upon its sole and absolute discretion. Pricing on any website owned or operated by DefyTheGrid is for informational purposes only.
- DefyTheGrid prides itself in providing the most up-to-date pricing for you and our staff. Occasionally, we do make mistakes and there may be a typographical or pricing error. Under these rare circumstances, DefyTheGrid retains the right to cancel or refund an order. If a typographical, mathematical or other error is made in the calculation of a transaction, customer agrees to take all steps requested by DefyTheGrid to rectify the error. Customer further agrees to hold DefyTheGrid harmless from all damages or liability arising from such error.
- Customer must notify DefyTheGrid in writing within 7 business days after receipt of material of any discrepancy, claim, or dispute arising from a transaction. If no notification is received within 7 business days, customer agrees it is forever barred from bringing a claim for loss, damage, or other relief relating to such controversy, claim, or dispute.
- The information provided by on any website owned or operated by DefyTheGrid is for informational purposes only and is not intended as any form of advice, whether legal, accounting, investment, financial or tax advice. Therefore, it cannot be relied upon as such. The client should contact a licensed professional for such advice. The information provided by websites of DefyTheGrid are provided on an “as is” basis without any warranty of any kind, whether express or implied and the use of this service and the DefyTheGrid’s websites is entirely at client’s own risk. In no event will DefyTheGrid be held liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages arising out of the use of information contained on our websites or any publication.
- Force Majeure: DefyTheGrid shall not be liable to the other party for any failure to perform any obligation under any Agreement which is due to an event beyond the control of DefyTheGrid including but not limited to any Act of God, terrorism, war, Political insurgence, insurrection, riot, civil unrest, act of civil or military authority, uprising, earthquake, flood or any other natural or man made eventuality outside of our control, which causes the termination of an agreement or contract entered into, nor which could have been reasonably foreseen. DefyTheGrid shall forthwith inform the other Party and shall use all reasonable endeavors to comply with the terms and conditions of any Agreement contained herein.
- Free Shipping: Any free shipping offered on our website will not be applicable for any freight orders which would include, but not limited to bulk copper by the ton.
- DefyTheGrid reserves the right to combine any orders placed on the website shipping to the same address.
- Cryptocurrency: When you place an order at DefyTheGrid.com and elect to pay with an accepted cryptocurrency (Bitcoin, Etherium, etc.), you will have 15 minutes to pay your invoice through BitPay. You will have this option immediately on the page you are sent to once you successfully submit an order. If your order is not paid within the 15 minute timeframe, your order will be automatically cancelled and subject to the cancellation fees outlined on this page. Additionally, DefyTheGrid has no control over which cryptocurrencies and crypto wallets are supported and accepted by Bitpay.
- Larger Order Policy – A large order is defined as and order equal to or greater than $500,000 USD. If you are looking to place a trade of this size, please call and speak to a trader before placing the order. At DefyTheGrid’s discretion, we may require a 10% – 50% deposit via bank wire transfer before locking in the spot price of a large order. Also, larger orders may only be placed via the phone during our business hours.
- Guest Checkout – please note that if you checkout as a guest on our website (ie: you do not log in to your account before placing the order), the order you checked out with as a guest will NOT show up under your customer account.
- International Shipping and Ordering FAQ:
- Q: What payment options do you offer for international orders? A: Currently, international customers can pay via bank wire, credit card or BitPay (Bitcoin, Etherium, etc.). Please note that international bank wire transfers go through an intermediary institution before the funds are sent to our account. Most of the time, this intermediary will charge us a fee to accept the money. In this event, we will pass this fee on to the customer and would not ship the order until the customer has paid this fee via credit card.
- Q: Will I be responsible for any duties or taxes when I receive my order? A: All duties and taxes are the responsibility of the customer on delivery. Please consult your local customs broker for information pertaining to taxes and duties in your country.
- Q: Does DefyTheGrid declare the full value of the package on Customs Forms? A: Yes, our company always declares the full value of the package on ALL custom forms.
- Q: What happens if I am unavailable to accept my international shipment or I refuse delivery? A: If you are unavailable to accept delivery of the package or you refuse delivery of the package, you will be responsible for any return shipping charges, duties and taxes. DefyTheGrid will not reship your order until we are paid in full for any return shipping charges, duties, and taxes. DefyTheGrid will not re-ship your order until we have received the original package back from customs. Furthermore, customer will be responsible for a reshipment fee which will include an additional $75 re-processing fee. There are no exceptions to this policy.
- e-Check Payment: While e-check payments typically clear within 1-3 banking days, please allow 1-7 banking days for your electronic funds transfer payment to fully clear our account. Please note that when you select an e-check payment that you are authorizing a one-time payment in the full amount of your order to be processed as an electronic funds transfer or draft drawn from your banking account provided to us and, if necessary, electronic credits to your account to correct erroneous debits. If your payment returns unpaid, you authorize DefyTheGrid or its service provider to collect the payment and your state’s return item fee and, if applicable, any costs by electronic funds transfer(s) or draft(s) drawn from your account.
- Every order as DefyTheGrid is subject to manual and/or automated review. During this process, customers may be asked for additional information in order to approve or decline an order. DefyTheGrid reserves the right to cancel any order for any reason.
- Automated calls: By placing an order with DefyTheGrid, each customer is giving express consent to DefyTheGrid to use third party auto-dialer, voice broadcasting and/or automated phone services to contact the customer about an order placed with DefyTheGrid. DefyTheGrid will not use automated phone services for marketing/advertising purposes. The use of these systems is only for information or updates about an order placed with DefyTheGrid.
- Shipping to Post Office (PO) Boxes: Any shipment greater than $10,000 in value going to a PO Box will NOT be insured. Also, insurance on orders going to a PO Box only last until the order is received and signed for by USPS.
- If your order is shipped and is returned to DefyTheGrid by carrier for an undeliverable reason code, or if you request a delayed shipment date, the order will incur a $30 per month storage and insurance fee from the original order date.
- Any order that needs to be re-shipped by DefyTheGrid for an error which was not the fault of DefyTheGrid will incur a minimum re-shipment fee of $30.
- In the event of an order error or omission determined solely by DefyTheGrid, DefyTheGrid reserves the right to use any banking or financial means possible to recover monies owed to DefyTheGrid.
- DefyTheGrid collects sales tax based on the shipping address destination specified at checkout. You agree to indemnify DefyTheGrid of any tax liability you are responsible for outside of the shipping delivery address you specify. Any tax liability you are responsibility for outside of the shipping destination will be handled directly by you as the customer.
- Other Policies- By using this website you agree to all policies further detailed on DefyTheGrid.com, including “Payment and Pricing”, “Returns and Refunds”, “Shipping Policies”, and “Market and Investments Risk”.
- Pre-sale/Delayed Items: For items listed as “presale” or “delayed” we have firm orders placed for the respective item with a supplier. If during the very rare circumstance, a supplier is unable to deliver on their commitment for the order, DefyTheGrid reserves the right to cancel the order and fully refund customer’s monies.
Terms of Sale
The following terms will apply to any metal DefyTheGrid purchases from suppliers and customers.
- When a buyback order is confirmed, prices become locked-in and the order becomes a contractually binding agreement between the “seller” and DefyTheGrid. By placing an order either online or via telephone and agreeing to our terms and conditions, the customer enters into a contractually binding agreement with DefyTheGrid, and agrees to send DefyTheGrid products as contractually specified. All cancelled buyback orders are subject to a 5% cancellation fee plus any market loss DefyTheGrid may or does incur by accepting the purchase order to buy from you. The market loss value is determined by the difference in market price from when the buyback is submitted with DefyTheGrid and the time that the buyback is cancelled. The total market loss value and administration fee due to DefyTheGrid is invoiced and due to DefyTheGrid within (10) business days. If we do not receive payment within this time-frame, DefyTheGrid reserves the right to send customer accounts to “collections” to retrieve cancellation fees. Should the order enter legal proceedings, the amount owed would increase by 50% and all attorney fees incurred by DefyTheGrid would be the responsibility of the customer. Any market gains as a result of a cancelled order will remain the property of DefyTheGrid. It is at the sole discretion that you may not be permitted to to buy from or sell to DefyTheGrid in the future due to cancelled buyback orders. DefyTheGrid reserves the right to cancel any buyback order after 14 business days of non-receipt of the metals the supplier/customer agreed to sell. Cancellation penalty will be applied to a credit card on file previously used to secure a buyback order or regular order either online or via telephone. DefyTheGrid reserves the right to charge any valid credit card on file for applicable market loss and cancellation fees. Any market gains as a result of a cancelled order will remain the property of DefyTheGrid. Cancellation requests must be filed via telephone during normal business hours. DefyTheGrid will evaluate any request to cancel an order on a case-by-case basis and only under rare, extraordinary circumstances will a cancellation be approved.
- The supplier/customer agrees to insure the products they send to DefyTheGrid. Insurance should include, but not limited to, loss of product or damage in transit.
- The supplier/customer is solely responsible for any applicable taxes or duties that may be applicable on a transaction with DefyTheGrid.
- DefyTheGrid prides itself in providing the most-up-to date pricing for you and our staff. Occasionally, we do make mistakes and there may be a typographical or pricing errors. Under these rare circumstances, DefyTheGrid retains the right to cancel an order at our sole discretion for any reason.
- Certification of AML ProgramThe United States has passed The USA Patriot of 2001 to deter and detect money laundering and the financing of terrorism. All precious metal dealers and pawn shops doing business in the United state that both buy and sell more than $50,000.00 in qualifying metals, stones, and/or jewels per year are required to have a written AML program. By selling metals to SD Bullion, you agree to the following:a. You have a written AML program that complies with the USA Patriot Act and the Bank Secrecy Actb. You are exempt from coverage under the USA Patriot Act under the retail, industrial or other exemption specified in the Interim Final Rule for Dealers in Precious Metals, Stones, or Jewels 31 CFR 1027.100 or pursuant to an administrative exemption granted by the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN).
- Gold Supply Chain Policy Statement Acknowledgement: Customer agrees that any precious metals sold by customer to DefyTheGrid did not originate from one of the countries defined by 17-CFR-240 and 249b “Covered Countries”. Customer understands DefyTheGrid will immediately terminate or suspend any company if we become aware of any upstream suppliers where we identify to be at a reasonable risk of sourcing from such countries.
Mobile Message Service Terms
The DefyTheGrid mobile message service (the “Service”) is operated by DefyTheGrid (“DefyTheGrid, “we”, or “us”). Your use of the Service constitutes your agreement to these terms and conditions (“Mobile Terms”). We may modify or cancel the Service or any of its features without notice. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may also modify these Mobile Terms at any time and your continued use of the Service following the effective date of any such changes shall constitute your acceptance of such changes.
We do not charge for the Service, but you are responsible for all charges and fees associated with text messaging imposed by your wireless provider. Message and data rates may apply.
Text messages may be sent using an automatic telephone dialing system or other technology. Your consent to receive autodialed marketing text messages is not required as a condition of purchasing any goods or services. If you have opted in, the Service provides promotions, specials, and other marketing offers (e.g., weekly discounts) from DefyTheGrid via text messages through your wireless provider to the mobile number you provided. Message frequency varies. Text the single keyword command STOP to 465322 to cancel at any time. You’ll receive a one-time opt-out confirmation text message. If you have subscribed to other DefyTheGrid mobile message programs and wish to cancel, except where applicable law requires otherwise, you will need to opt out separately from those programs by following the instructions provided in their respective mobile terms. For Service support or assistance, text HELP to 465322 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may change any short code or telephone number we use to operate the Service at any time and will notify you of these changes. You acknowledge that any messages, including any STOP or HELP requests, you send to a short code or telephone number we have changed may not be received and we will not be responsible for honoring requests made in such messages.
The wireless carriers supported by the Service are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. You agree to provide us with a valid mobile number. You agree to maintain accurate, complete, and up-to-date information with us related to your receipt of messages.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold us harmless from any third-party claims, liability, damages or costs arising from your use of the Service or from you providing us with a phone number that is not your own.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, you agree that we will not be liable for failed, delayed, or misdirected delivery of any information sent through the Service, any errors in such information, and/or any action you may or may not take in reliance on the information or Service.
Market and Investment Risk
The analysis and discussion provided by DefyTheGrid. at DefyTheGrid.com and related platforms is for education and entertainment purposes only. It is not recommended for trading purposes or financial advice. Employees and contributing authors to DefyTheGrid are not investment advisers and information obtained here should not be take as professional investment advice. The commentary on DefyTheGrid.com reflects the opinions of the respective authors and not that of DefyTheGrid. Your own due diligence is recommended before buying or selling any investments, securities or precious metals.
For any giveaway or sweepstakes hosted on DefyTheGrid.com, you may enter each respective giveaway/sweepstakes by sending a 3″x5″ note card with the following information listed on it: Name of Giveaway/Sweepstakes, Full Name, Phone Number, Valid Email Address. Please mail this information to the address below. Also, please note that all entry forms must be received by the end date noted on each giveaway/sweepstakes: DefyTheGrid PO Box 841, Lehi, UT 84043.
Winner Announcements: Each giveaway or contest will specify how each winner(s) will be announced. Eligibility: The Contest is open to legal US residents who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Participants must have Internet access. Publicity: By participating, each entrant grants DefyTheGrid permission to use his/her Facebook.com profile name, likeness, or comments for publicity purposes without payment of additional consideration, except where prohibited by law. Rights Reserved: DefyTheGrid reserves the right to adjust or shut down the contest at any time, and the right to investigate any tampering before determining a winner. This contest is not endorsed, promoted, or administered by Facebook, Inc.
American Silver Eagle Giveaway
Terms and Conditions:
HOW TO WIN
A winner will be randomly chosen every month. No purchase is necessary to win. The winner will be notified through the email used to enter and is required to send in the required information within 14 days after the winner is informed, else they forfeit the prize and no winner will be selected for that month.
The Contest is open to legal US residents who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of entry. Participants must have Internet access.
DefyTheGrid reserves the right to adjust or shut down the contest at any time, and the right to investigate any tampering before determining a winner. An employee of DefyTheGrid will not be eligible to win a giveaway or sweepstakes posted at DefyTheGrid.com. *Lowest price silver coin ever released refers to the fact the owners of DefyTheGrid have never published a lower priced silver coin on DefyTheGrid.com. Not only that, but the owners of DefyTheGrid have never seen any website publish and authentic silver coin with a premium as low as The Roaring Lion Silver Coin premium advertised during black Friday, 2018, on DefyTheGrid.com and other DefyTheGrid advertising channels.